Canine Clinical Conundrums
This online tutored course with Jennifer Cartwright (Internal Medicine Specialist), will look at an array of canine medical conditions. We will examine the possible presentations, most appropriate diagnostic approaches and treatments for cases across several body systems. Throughout the course we will consult the most up-to-date literature and expert opinion and we will use real life examples. At the end of each lesson we will go through a complete case from presentation to outcome to consolidate our learning points. During the Live Q&A, you will also have the opportunity to discuss more complex cases, in addition to anything related to each lesson.
This course will equip you in your diagnostic approach, interpretation of laboratory results and therapeutic choices, to do the best for your canine medical cases.
This course runs over a eight-week period and takes approximately 10 hours to complete and is the equivalent of 10 hours of CPD. It is delivered via video webinars and supplemented with discussion forums and live Q&A case discussions with the course tutor(s).
Access to this course is for 12 months from the start of the course going live on our website. If you sign up to the course after the live sessions have run, you will still be able to access the recordings from the live sessions. The discussion forum will be monitored for the course duration only.
- Learn how to approach dogs with chronic diarrhoea and vomiting
- Learn what biochemical parameters to expect
- Understand when a case turns from chronic to critical and management options
- Review the available treatment options present now, and in the future for GI disease
- Learn how cases can present and which cases require emergency treatment
- Understand how to differentiate hepatic and post hepatic causes of icterus and what surgical interventions are available
- Understand the benefit of biopsies
- Understand when medical management is appropriate and what is best
- Understand how to interpret a haematology and evaluate a blood smear
- Learn how to investigate anaemia
- Understand the treatment options available
- Learn when blood transfusion is appropriate and how to give safely
- Learn how to get the most from your urine samples
- Understand the diagnostic approach to urinary incontinence
- Workup of chronic urinary tract infections and appropriate antibiotic usage
- Review IRIS guidelines and treatment options for chronic kidney disease
- Understand potential infectious causes and appropriate therapies
- How to interpret blood gas and electrolytes in acute cases
- Management of hospitalised cases
- Understand the different presentations of upper respiratory tract disease
- Learn the diagnostic approach to cases
- What can be done when referral imaging isn’t available?
- Management of inflammatory and infectious diseases
- Learn how to approach a hypoglycaemic case
- Understand prognosis and treatment options for Insulinoma’s
- Managing difficult diabetics
- Understand how best to implement longer term management and monitoring according to owners’ circumstances
- Ask any questions relating to the sessions.
- Your chance to discuss any cases you are struggling with.
- We will bring along a few interesting cases too!
Meet the speakers
Internal Medicine Specialist