home > Forums > Clinical Discussions > The Harry Potter Toxin! > Reply To: The Harry Potter Toxin!
Reply To: The Harry Potter Toxin!
Hey Andy – sorry hadn’t seen this!
For sure absolutely a consideration. I tend to use Intralipid when clinical signs start, I guess that way I’d know if it was being effective or not! But absolutely would have considered it in this case (I’d actually calculated a dose whilst the dog was vomiting) but didn’t end up using it as the dog remained clinically normal.
Yes Scott, evidence to support worse outcomes, or at least no benefit demonstrated and more complications when compared to activated charcoal alone. But yes absolutely they acknowledge your very point about case selection – the ones we would look to be more aggressive with are those that have ingested a more potent toxin.