Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited fully respects your rights to privacy in relation to your interactions with this website. We take the responsibility of protecting your personal and financial information seriously. We are committed to fulfilling our obligation to your personal data security pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and as amended by the Data Protection Act 1988 to 2018.
Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited
St George’s Court
Telephone: 07866 627598
Types of Data Collected
- Usage Data
- Identity Data – First name, maiden name, last name, username, title, date of birth, gender, professional association registration numbers, occupation
- Contact Data – Billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers, employer
- Financial Data – Bank account, payment card details
- Transactional Data – Details of payments
- Technical Data – Login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform
- Profile Data – Username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences
- Marketing and Communications Data may – Preferences in receiving marketing communications from us, communication preferences
The above data can be provided by the user or obtained while using the site and services. The data collected is essential to provide the service offered and failure to allow the provision of such data will make it impossible to provide the services.
Method of Collection of Data
- Direct interactions – By your providing the information directly to us through online forms, post, telephone, email or otherwise when subscribing to a service or completing a membership form.
- Automated technologies or interactions – When using the website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
Storing of Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of Data
Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the data.
We will not pass on your name, address, e-mail address, payment information or personal information to any third party without your permission unless required by law or to comply with regulations. Any information requested is requested and provided solely for the purposes of fulfilling your contract with us.
This policy does not apply to any links to third-party websites. These are used solely at your own risk.
The data Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited collects allows the following:
- Contacting the client
- User database management
- Traffic optimisation and distribution
- For purposes of payment
- To manage and administer the services offered to you
We will hold this information for a maximum of 7 years and it will be stored safely and securely (either electronically or in hard copy) for the duration.
Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited in providing the service offered.
Types of Cookie
- Technical cookies, which save browsing preferences and allow efficient browsing experience.
- Cookies that set and save language and currency preferences.
- Analytical cookies, which enable the monitoring of web, traffic and analyse user behaviour.
- Marketing cookies to direct advertising based on client’s usage.
Withdrawing or Limiting Cookie Consent
Should you decide to limit or withdraw cookie consent for the Veterinary Thought Exchange Limited website then you must be aware this will affect your use of the services and may completely disable the functionality of the website.
N.B. You may unsubscribe from emails by selecting the “unsubscribe” button at the foot of the email.
If there is anything you wish clarified regarding cookies or the use of personal information, please feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com